Thursday, April 03, 2008

Atlanta-(check out my 2 posts in 3 days!)

As most of you know, last weekend we took a trip to visit Nathan's eldest brother, Logan, and his wife, Paula. They just had a little girl in September, Lydia, and also recently purchased a home. We had to go and check it out.
This is Beckett wanting to go to GA to visit :)

It was so much fun to just be together, and we also took the opportunity to be touristy and see some of the sights of Atlanta. Paula and Logan gave us the perfect combination of relaxation and entertainment. Friday night we spent rocking out at some friends' house, playing Rock Band all night. Beckett was a great little 'groupie'. We ate lots of yummy food and appreciated the generosity and hospitality of Greg and Melissa. On Saturday we went to Coke World and The Aquarium in downtown Atlanta. Nathan loved tasting all the Coke products from around the world and Beckett enjoyed seeing all of the fish and whales (Beluga whales, in fact). That was one of the highlights for me too.
I am pointing at a drink called 'Stoney' that is found in Tanzania. I was thinking of you, Dillon :)
Beckett pointing the fish
We at the the yummiest place called 'The Varsity'. It went down in Nathan's book of Great's cause of their amazing Chocolate milkshakes.

Sunday was very relaxing and we spent the evening at Paula's parents house playing games. It was fun to be in their home and remember the time we've spent there. Good times.
Beckett and Lydia enjoyed each other immensely. Whenever we'd drive somewhere, they'd be giggling at one another in the back seat. It was hilarious. We can tell they're going to be the best of friends :)
Lydia is the sweetest girl and I think she approved of me as an Aunt. She was full of sweet smiles for me and she even let me take some pictures of her. Here is just one for your viewing pleasure.
We left Monday morning, and well...the rest is history, but we had such a great time and can't wait to see you guys again!
Beckett got so sick of our trip home, he stormed the cockpit and took over. If not for him, we may have never made it back to LA.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, Rinds. Loved the pictures. Congrats to Nathan, the new Harvard Law student. That is so exciting! But thinking about a harder school wears me out... gives me the shivers. At least you won't be attending!

the fellers said...

cute pic of Lydia Linds, those are some great skills you have (that sounded corny...but I mean it), and I love that pic of Beckett at the end....we need to get Scoty and him together sometime soon, they would have a lot of fun. Are you going to Canada in the summer at all? I tried calling you today, for like 3 hours and it was busy busy busy...dang it!!!

the fellers said...

so, I am a retard, that last comment was me, Vin, if you couldnt tell by the picture...for some reason I changed something on my blog, and then it posted as "our family:...sorry

Mormon Mama said...

Awesome post, great pictures. You have a real talent, daughter.

Josephine said...

Love the pictures, I have always wanted to go to Georgia, sounds like a lot of fun

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

So cute, that picture of Lydia is priceless, I loved it. Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Beckett is looking so big, he is starting to look like a toddler. He is such a cutie.

Paula said...

Linds,

Great post and terrific pictures. I laughed at the last one of Beckett in the cockpit. It was so nice to have ya'll here and I was telling Logan that I want to make it out to LA soon before you head to the east coast.

Cindy said...

That's awesome! We had an experience VERY similar to this one: Landon leaked out of his diaper AND all over my pants while we were waiting to board our plane. We definitely let him go pantsless the rest of the day and I wanted to go pantsless as well, but we figured that wouldn't be appropriate :). Love it!

meli said...

It was so fun getting to visit with y'all! Your pics turned out so well!

Judds said...

Lindsey Hey I haven't commented for a long time. Wow, you have some skills in the picture taking department. I looks like you guys had a good vacation.

Russell Roberts said...

awesome! It would have been fun to see these two interact! Where are the pics from a special visit made by a special man? Have you forgotten me already?

Brooke said...

Oh the joys of traveling with children. I'm glad you had fun once you got there. Beckett is such a little hottie!

Marc said...

The Coke factory is amazing, right?! I didn't know there were any other "sights" in Atlanta, though.