Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Welcome to the world...

Well, we are officially a family of four. William (Wil) Brooks Roberts joined our family on Friday May 8th, and 11:52 am. He weighed in at 8 Lbs 7 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. The whole process took about 12 hours from start to finish, and went very smoothly. I'm definitely glad it's over, and to have him here safe and sound. Here's a really long post with lots of pictures of the past few days.

The last pregnant pose. This was just hours before going to the hospital. Can't say I'm not happy to be done being pregnant.

This picture marks the last moments of it just being Beckett and I. I love this boy so much and am excited to see him as a great big brother.

Right before putting Beckett to bed we tried one last time to help Beckett understand how his world was going to change by reading him this book. Not sure it helped, but we tried.

And finally, what you've all been waiting for, here are pictures of the little man. These first few were taken just after he arrived.




Proud PapaBeckett came in to meet Baby Wil in the hospital, and it was really sweet. Although, at first he kept asking what Baby Ana (one of his friends' little sisters) was doing...I think we've finally gotten past that. He's pretty excited to meet his little brother, (or at least to be poking him).

We left the hospital as soon as they'd let us go, and these were taken as we left.

Changing into the going home outfit, which he wore for about 3 hours, until he peed all over it.

Nathan thought he looked like he was breaking out of jail.


And this last one shows how Beckett is warming up to Wil. Last night as I was feeding him he came and sat next to me and just wanted to watch Baby Brother. It was very sweet.

So, there it is. Life is good and I'm feeling well. Nathan headed back to work today, and doing it by myself for the first time was a success. We'll see how these next few weeks play out. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

29 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations on everything... for the new, handsome, and perfect addition to your family and for getting through your first day of being a mother of two all on your own! Like I already said, Wil is perfect! Looking forward to seeing him and your family grow together!

katherine said...

He's SO precious! And I love the name choice! He looks a lot like Beckett. Congrats!!!

becca olsen said...

He is so adorable! You have a beautiful family!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Lindsay he's sooo soo sweet! I love the picture of you holding him! I so wish I had one like that of me and my babies:) Can't wait to see him!

Paige said...

CONGRATS! He looks like Beckett! Such a cute little guy. Let me know if you need anything.

the fellers said...

oh YAY! He is so cute, cute name, I like how you shortened it with just one "L". You look great, as always, and I am glad things are going well! I will call you soon! Loves

benandkristi said...

oh linds... he is so cute! i love the going home outfit, the name... just everything! i can tell just from your pictures and posts what a great mom you are! congrats on having an adorable new addition to an already adorable family! i am so happy for you guys.

Tyler said...

Congrats on the new addition. The pictures look great and you guys look happy. Glad to see I am not the only one with the middle name of Brooks. When I was little I used to hate it, but now that I am not alone, I like it all the much more.

Carrie said...

Oh Linds, Wil is so adorable. I love him already and I can't wait to meet him. I absolutely LOVE the picture of you, Beckett and Wil. You look beautiful as always, and Beckett truly looks like a little boy now. I love you. Congrats again, we'll talk again soon.

Katie said...

Oh I love him! Congrats you guys! I am glad that Beckett is liking his new role! Can't wait to see more pics and good luck with the two boys!!

Andrea Gilberg said...

Love the pictures, Congrats.

Becca said...

Congrats!!! He looks so sweet and I love the "jail" outfit!

Paula said...

Yea! What a cutie. Does Wil look like Beckett did as a newborn or does he have his own look? Very cute and is your hair shorter?

Erinn said...

Congrats Lindsay! Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Unknown said...

Wil is so precious and sweet. I love him so much already.

Babu and Shosho said...

I can't wait to hold him, and play with Beckett. I'm a lucky Grandma, even if it is for only 4 days. I'm all ready to come down! See you soon! Mom

agirlnamedgay said...

yea! he is so cute. and looks very familiar. maybe like beckett? who knows! congrats. can't wait to meet him!

Zach, Keri, Saylor and Casha said...

Congrats guys. He is so cute and adorable. We are so happy for you guys. Good luck over the next few weeks.

Carole Ann & Jon said...

COngrats Lindsay!!! He is so handsome!!! have fun with 2 babies!!!

Purple's Mom said...

SOOOO stinking adorable! Wil...Beckett...all of you! Ridiculous! I can't wait to see you in July! And...how bizarre is it that tomorrow is Ashley's 2-month appt. and I am pretty sure she is not gonna break the 8-pound mark yet! I will keep you posted! haha!

Brooke said...

Congrats you guys!I still cry when I think about those last few moments of just Ty and I--I'm so glad I have 2 now but at first it was a really hard adjustment for all of us. I'm glad you got a picture of you and Beckett.

Cindy said...

Congrats you guys!! I know you will LOVE having two boys :). You'll have to send us an update when you get the chance!

2x2momma said...

I heart Wil!!

Durrant said...

Congratulations! He is such a cute baby and those pictures are precious! Hope that you feeling okay!

Birch Family said...

He's beautiful Linds!! Congrats. Hope all is well.

Bybee Family said...

Wow Linds and Nate. . . congrats. He looks like a minature Beckett. How exciting. I love the photos too. We are struggling with names for our little guy. Would love some ideas if you'd like to share.

Good luck! We'll stay posted.

Russell Roberts said...

I think you could do another post now since you stole my mom to help care for the kids!

Morgan Moore said...

He is so adorable!! Can't wait to see him in person!!!

xoxo
Morgan

Corrina Baker said...

Congrats Nate! You have such a cute family! Time has just gone by so fast.......and you have a whole brood of children :) well done,
Corrina (former Roberts)