Wednesday, December 01, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

HAPPY DECEMBER!!

Photobucket

This year Christmas is obviously going to be a bit different, being in a new country and all. Word on the street is the celebrations here are closer to a 4th of July vibe than a 'baby it's cold outside' feel. It's all good, I'm just going to prep myself to be sweltering on Christmas morn, and then we'll break out the BBQ and have ourselves an Aussie Christmas. I've been busy coming up with Christmas decorations (as all our stuff is sitting in a storage unit in LA) so I'll be sure to post some pics of what I've come up with.

As for a few non-Christmas related experiences I've had lately...


Photobucket
via

A rooster lives outside our bedroom.
I know I've already posted about the crazy birds, but this morning there was a full on rooster (no, not an
actual rooster, but it might as well have been) outside our window. We're talking 4 am, sun hasn't come up, and this bird is cock-a-doodle-dooing the whole world awake.
Needless to say, I did not wake up for the day rested.


Photobucket
via

A wee?? Last week in church a 3 year old little girl suddenly burst from her seat and exclaimed, "I have to do a wee!!" (imagine it with the accent) I almost had to follow her to the bathroom cause I was laughing so hard. I'm pretty sure we're going to change out our current phrase for that one.
So cute.


Photobucket
via

Crocodile Dundee was at my house.
When we first moved into our place we realized one of the window panes in our back room was cracked. So they sent out someone to fix it. They just didn't tell me it would be HIM. I'm serious when I say this guy could have been his stand in. He had the shaggy blond hair, wrinkly over-tanned skin, grungy tank top, short shorts, steel toed boots, and he sure as heck called me matey (like 20 times). It was awesome. I spent the whole time he was here trying to figure out how I could take his picture without him noticing.

Alright, well I'm off to print my Christmas cards. If you're late like me and stressing about getting them out on time, here are 5 fabulous options brought to you by the one-and-only Becky Higgins.

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Merry Christmas and Happy December to you too! I'm gonna miss being able to see you like last year. Love you Linds

ashlee said...

Merry Christmas! Sorry about the rooster. I never wanted a BB gun more than when we lived in Almayo apts. Those birds were so loud and sometimes I even wanted to shoot (with a bee bee gun, of course) the yard workers :-)

2x2momma said...

Everything about this post is hilarious. Thanks for the laughs! Miss you!!xox

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Ahh we miss you guys so much!