Monday, January 03, 2011

A Christmas recap

This year to combat the strange Christmas summer season, and lack of family around, I made a special effort each day to try and help us get in the Christmas spirit. Between the decor and activities, I think our first Aussie Christmas was a success.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

A couple of fun highlights from the month of December were:

Gingerbread Houses
_
(made a little more difficult with the absence of graham crackers in this country)

Photobucket

Making new (much needed) stockings.
_
Beckett's stocking last year was from the dollar store, and Wil didn't even have one.

Photobucket

Adventing
_
Each day looking forward to performing something Christmas-y found in these fun little boxes boxes, such as...

Photobucket

...making a reindeer crown

Photobucket

...writing Santa his Christmas Eve note

Photobucket

...acting out the nativity scene with all of Beckett's animals.

Photobucket

...making lots and lots of Christmas goodies

Photobucket

...and even more Christmas crafts

Photobucket

...and enjoying each and every day of the season.

Photobucket

We had such a wonderful holiday celebration, hope yours was special too!

12 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sooooo cute! Can you come and decorate my house next year? Or maybe just in general...looks like you guys had a great time!

Carrie said...

So cute - I love all your decorations! I bet the boys just loved all the fun activities. Wil is getting so big and in that last pic he totally reminds me of Logan's Lydia! Love you Linds, and Happy New Year!

Mormon Mama said...

Wow! I would say you brought the Spirit of Christmas Down Under. Wonderful pictures.

2x2momma said...

Wow Lindsay. Your place looks like a magazine spread. Way to go!

becca olsen said...

Beautiful Christmas decorations! I love the stockings!

Babu and Shosho said...

Linds, thanks for posting so many photos of your home and all your new decorations. The video was awesome but it went to fast for me to really see each thing. I wish I could have come to your home for some good celebrating! Love you!

Shannon said...

Okay, seriously...that's your house?! I really thought I was looking at pictures from a magazine! All your decor and arrangements look SO cute! You are SO talented!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this post Lindz. I miss you so much! You truly are the craft queen. The Halls girls need to get togther and throw our own craft weekend. So are those burlap stockings? I saw some on Make It and Love It and fell in love, I'll have to make some for next year!!! I kind of have a burlap addiction. I love how you added your demask flair to Christmas. That was great. I think my favorite crafts were your Advent Calendar (I need more detail. How did you make it and how did you stick it on the wall? Darling. I've seen a lot of advent calndars and haven't really seen one I like, until now... :) ) and the Merry and Bright Wreath with the mirror. Very beautiful. Your house always looks perfect. I need you to decorate mine! :) I showed Tyler and we can't get over how big Wil is getting. Can't wait to see you guys this summer. Love ya!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Love all the cute decor! We miss you guys, and would love some summer weather right now:)

Laura said...

Okay. I know you are a photographer, and I know you are crafty, but come on! Those pictures don't look like they are from a "real" house; they look like a pottery barn catalog, only better! You've got some serious talent!

Devin and Becky said...

SO CUTE! Makes me want to start crafting for next year already! Miss you guys! ~ Your AZ cousins Devin and Becky

Morgan Moore said...

It looks like it's straight out of a magazine!! GORGEOUS! I Love it all! Miss you guys!
xoxo