Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Seeing Australia {Part 1}

When we headed to Oz, Nathan and I knew there was one thing above all else we had to do while here.
And that was to snorkle in the Great Barrier Reef.

Fortunately for any of you who would have put that on your list as well, I'm a picture taking fool and have included waaaayyyyy too many photos in this one post. I hope you enjoy. We really did.

On the easy 2 hour flight there. The boys did so well and snuggled together as they watched some TV.

Photobucket

Upon arrival at the tiny itsy-bitsy airport in Hamilton Island
(part of the Witsunday Island chain).

Photobucket

Besides the picture of the welcome sign, this was the first sight my eyes met as we rounded the corner. I immediately thought of Mom and Dad who love Hawaii. I'm trying to convince them to come visit us sooner than later, maybe this will seal the deal.

Photobucket

We boarded our golf cart (everyone on the island drives these) and took a little tour (or detour) on our way to the accommodation. We saw the resort side of the island...

Photobucket

and some rain headed our way...
Photobucket

...fortunately it was just a nice refreshing little shower and didn't stay long.

The first day was spent:

#1 Swimming
Photobucket

#2 Beaching
Photobucket

and #3 Mini Golfing
Photobucket

Photobucket
(Notice Beckett's new pose found here and in the first photo. He's spent hours refining it.)

The following day we saw what we'd come to see. The reef.

This is the floating pontoon where we suited up and ate lunch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope Katie doesn't kill me for posting this, but I wouldn't have ever dared if she didn't look so dang HOT in it.

Photobucket

We also went out on a semi-submersible so the kids could see what we'd seen while snorkeling.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our last day was spent at White Haven beach.

On the ride over

Photobucket

Our boat

Photobucket

What the kids did while we boated along some of the most beautiful coastline in the world.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We put the kids in these stinger suits to help protect against the sun
(and cause it was hil.ar.ious).
Surprisingly they were not bothered by them and Owen even protested having it taken off.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another refreshing rain came by and cooled us off and we were ready for more stinger suit action:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, okay, I'm done with the funny suit pictures. Sorry.

Photobucket

I am definitely a fan of this place.

Photobucket

We finished our trip off with a nice trip to the park.

Photobucket

Then waited patiently to catch the bus back to the airport.

Photobucket

What a trip.
(Both for us and any of you who actually finished reading this post.)

13 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

first of all, those suits are hilarious. i mean, hilarious. does everyone there wear them r something? and australia is crazy beautiful. and how did i miss that katie was pregnant?!! when is she due? hope you are having so much fun. looks like you have adjusted and are taking full advantage!

Carrie said...

Ack! I WANT TO GO THERE SOOO BAD!!! Looks like such a blast. I love the picture of Wil standing in his stinger suit, he looks SO much like you! And tell Nathan he's looking good these days~ all that biking must be paying off. Love ya Linds.

Christal said...

That looks amazing especially right now!! Its so cold and snowy pretty sick of it! Love the suits those are awesome! Its so so pretty there! What fun adventures you guys get to have I need some adventure ha ha!

Andrea Gilberg said...

That trip looks so beautiful! Your boys are so cute.

ashlee said...

Linds, you look so good. It made me want to get up early and go running for just a second :-) Lucky for Katie that you are documenting her life since she updates about as much as I do. I love that picture of her in the suit. Nobody does pregnancy as cute as Katie. I wish I could come and visit you. That last sentence was thought in complete sadness and I really almost cried. I miss you.

Mormon Mama said...

Hang on . . . I'm coming!

Laura said...

Katie should be in a magazine! Loved that picture. and you and your cute family.....wait. Were you wearing a necklace at the beach? Always the height of fashion. Love it.

Kem said...

Thanks so much for posting all these! I loved seeing all the pictures :)

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Oh so beautiful. Justin and I are dying to visit you guys!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

And we really really miss you guys. I'm pretty sure if I showed Justin these pictures he'd board a plane tomorrow.

Babu and Shosho said...

Don't worry about me being sold on that beautiful place. It's definitely on my bucket list and I'm ready to come. Now I have you to be my tour guide! I don't want to wear one of those suits though. I'd shock all the fish and tourists! I love the one of you and Nathan walking on the beach with the 4 boys between you. All the scenery looks so spectacular. Thanks for posting!

bklain said...

So beautiful.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place. We miss you guys!! Hope you had a blast!