Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yay for Wil Wil

My baby turned 2 and we had a little party to celebrate. I decided that it would be fun to make him a dinner that he'd enjoy so I made a bunch of finger foods, kid friendly and mostly unhealthy. Of course he came down with the flu that night, which explained why he wanted nothing to do with the food.

Photobucket

He also wanted nothing to do with the party hat. Fortunately the rest of the dinner party were not as picky about wearing them as Wil was.

Photobucket

He was interested in dessert. What 2 year old isn't? flu or no flu.

A tower of monkey's to celebrate the biggest monkey of all.

Photobucket

Dessert went something like this:

"Ooh, I want to blow these out so bad, I'm trying to restrain myself"


Photobucket

"What happened, where did the lights go?"

Photobucket

"Did I do it right, Mom?"

Photobucket

"Oh good, I did it!"

Photobucket

"Did everybody else see what I just did?"

Photobucket

"Oh I'm so good at blowing out birthday candles!"


Photobucket

"Not going to waste any time with utensils"


Photobucket

Photobucket

"If I could just secure the cupcake a little bit better"


Photobucket

"That's better"


Photobucket

"See how good that worked?"

Photobucket

Photobucket

The older boys enjoyed them too.

Photobucket

We bought Wil a ride on toy so he and Beckett would stop fighting over the one we already have. Now they just fight over the new one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So happy to celebrate Big Dub.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Wil! I love the play-by-play of the cupcake. It's so true how funny kids are about stuff like that! Hope you guys are doing well. I miss you and love you!!

Nathan said...

That little guy cracks me up.

Mormon Mama said...

Yay for Wil! We love him!

Laura said...

How did he stay so clean with the cupcakes? That's an amazing two year old!

Birch Family said...

What a little cutie! Linds he looks just like you! Hope you are all well and can't wait to see you this summer.

ashlee said...

Woah, Nathan, you look so skinny! With a baker like Lindsay, I don't know how you do it. Those cupcakes look delicious! Happy Birthday Wil!

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much I want to eat all of those monkey cupcakes right now. Cupcakes + oreos + m&ms+ chocolate frosting = world of ecstasy.