Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happenings...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all! We have had such a fun and exciting month. We celebrate Beckett's first Christmas quietly, with dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Johnson on Christmas Eve. Beckett loved being at their house and exploring their stairs, chairs and coffee table. We opened presents on Christmas morning, and Beckett enjoyed the boxes and wrapping paper. He got uber-spoiled by his Grandparents. Lucky duck. Nathan and I both enjoyed our Christmas morning, and Nathan surprised me with a new Canon Rebel XTi SLR camera. I had absolutely NO idea that it had been sitting under our Christmas tree for a month. I love it, and subsequently have taken over 600 pictures. That's one reason there are so many pictures in this post. This is Nathan and Beckett being excited about my camera.
We went to Dan and Paula's for Christmas dinner and Beckett again racked in the presents. It was such a wonderful day, and we're so blessed to have our California family here to celebrate with.Beckett playing with some bubble bath
Lovin' on Auntie P
The day after Christmas (aka. Boxing Day for you Canadians) we packed up and left at 8:30pm on a flight to Dallas. We traveled ALL night, and got to our hotel at 4:00am central time. Beckett did really well, but didn't sleep an ounce until we got OFF the plane. What a guy. We spent two fantabulous days in Dallas with Nathan's family, and one highlight was meeting Miss Lydia Roberts. Beckett had fun trying to poke her in the eye (as evidenced in this picture). We finished the trip off with a wedding. Forrest and Elin got married on Saturday, December 29th. It was a beautiful wedding, they both looked amazing, and are so happy and perfect together. We love Elin and are so excited that she's part of our family.Sunday morning brought a whole other adventure with our trip back, but fortunately Beckett slept on the trip home. He was pretty tuckered out. It was nice to be back and for Beckett to be on a schedule again.New Years was quiet as well, and we celebrated with a fondue pot and a game of Settlers, (which we were so involved in that we missed welcoming in the new year by an hour). We were hard core and stayed up till 1:00 am. That's right, baby.
Nathan went back to work this morning...bummer...but it makes for a shorter week. We hope all of you had a great holiday celebration.
This is what Sam and Jules call 'the Dillon face'
And ONE last picture of my sweet little man

7 comments:

the fellers said...

awww...merry belated Christmas and new year! I hope you guys had fun, it looks like you did! Crazy travelers! I am excited for you about a new camera....you will have a lot of fun with that! I cant believe how big Beckett is getting....1 year in just under a month huh? Craziness! man, we need to see each other sometime this year....haha....well tell everyone hi, and maybe I should just call you sometime...

Rachel said...

What a big, big boy! Sounds like you guys have had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm sick and tired of seeing such awesome pictures of my nephew and niece, but never being able to hold them. Well, about every 6-8 months, but I still miss them. We can't wait to see you guys again soon. (hint to Rachell)

krysett said...

nice pics linds...beckett is getting so big and so cute!
how do you like your new camera?

Paula said...

I love that picture of Lydia and Nathan. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,
This is Pruitt!! I found you by way of Becca and I am not too familiar with the Blogger, so I hope I do this right.
Beckett is a doll. I have Austin, and a baby boy due March 1st. I would love to catch up. email is jtownes25@comcast.net and I am signed up on myspace as Christie Townes. Cant wait to talk to you!!

Katie said...

Those are cute pics. I thought I would post a comment since we were talking about it on Friday night. The melting pot was a blast! I love the pic of Nathan and Beckett pointing! I am getting my sewing machine today...lets get together so you can impart your sewing wisdom!