Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I hate the garbage truck.

I would have titled this blog 'I hate the garbage man' but that may have sounded a little harsh. So, here's my beef. EVERY Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, (and maybe even Thursday's too) I awake to a monstrous revving engine, followed by lots of clashing and banging, loud beeps (backing up) and then, the whole process repeats itself at least 3 times. Sometimes more. However, today the garbage man was having a hay day. He was in that back alley dumping dumpsters 3 different times. What is going on? Does this man have nothing better to do with his day then come to our alley, and our garbage can 3 times in 1 day?!?! Oh, and it's not just that he's loud and annoying, but he comes at the exact WRONG time of day. I swear he knows when my child is sleeping. Today I was coming home from a jog, and I saw him emptying the cans (which was his 2nd offense of the day) and I almost, almost went and asked him if he could only come once a day maybe twice in a week. Or maybe if he could come by later on in the day so he doesn't WAKE my SLEEPING BABY. Oh no...I HEAR HIM RIGHT NOW! This makes 4 for today. I can hear his massive clashing sounds and his huge engine ripping around out there. He is going down.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ha...please tell me you went out there and said something.

Anonymous said...

hahaha...I love it...I want to see you fight the garbage man...but I hate that beeping backing up sound too...soo annoying!

Trav & Katie said...

linds i understand how that is. When i lived in georgia the grounds crew were start at six in the morning right outside my apartment window...i wanted to fight them too.

allisonlaurel said...

Go get him, Linds!

Troy and Brittany said...

That just seems unnatural. Why does he come so much? This is a mystery I must solve, or you solve it and tell me. Are there numerous garbage companies people who live by you have come? Or does this guy just take his job REALLY seriously? So weird.

Cindy said...

This is exactly my issue with our gardeners - they come with chain saws (ok, so they might be weed whackers) and spend half an hour directly outside of Landon's window at exactly his nap time. What is with these people!?!?

Jamie said...

Oh gosh, that's so funny. I've never heard of a trash man coming more than once a week. You are so funny. I wish you'd run out in a bathrobe and curlers one day screaming your head off.

Shantay* said...

Hey, so about coming to California this weekend... I guess I didn't realize how close it was to you guys, I'm a retard and should learn my geography. Anyway, we are coming down with Arch's boss/new best friend and his wife, and his boss's friend and his wife, and his boss is driving...so we don't really have a car to get to and from anywhere on our own. Plus I just don't know what the plans are for Saturday night or sunday...I'll have to talk to Arch about it to see what we can come up with. I know we are going to the supercross during the day and then are staying at a hotel in anaheim saturday night and doing something fun on sunday but im not sure what it is yet. What are you guys up to that weekend, would you guys be able to come to anaheim... i wouldn't want you guys to have to drive all that way just to see us...if we had our own car we would totally come see you guys for sure! Give me a call and we'll see what we can sort out!

Brooke said...

And I complain about Thursday morning wake-up calls from the garbage man. I really can't complain!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory