Sunday, August 23, 2009

B BOY 2 1/2 YEARS : WIL 3 MONTHS

Big B. Little Eckett. 30 Months Old.


-He's learning so rapidly. His vocabulary is pretty extensive for a 2 1/2 year old. (Just now, "Can I blow raspberries on Wil?"...and his pronunciation of raspberries was pretty close).
- Still loves cars, especially his orange Lamborghini.
-He'll lay on his side (pretty much anywhere) and drive his cars around for lengthy amounts of time.
-Insists that he's a big boy. If I ever accidentally say anything about him being little he quickly corrects me.
-Every morning he asks me, 'where Daddy go?' and when I tell him work he responds, 'boo.'
-Currently trying to potty train.
-Loves Baby Wil. Or as he calls him 'Yittle Wil'.
-Loves to pillow fight with dad every night before bed.
-He's really sweaty.
-Loves candy or 'reats' as he calls them.
-Is petrified of 'ambaids' (aka. bandaids).
-He's still really shy and takes a while to warm up to people.
-Asks a million questions a day...'Mommy what's that?' and I tell him ___. Then it's, 'Mommy what that ___do? Repeated at least 5x per object.
-Loves to roar which sounds like 'war'.
-Is amazingly obedient for a 2 1/2 year old...he'll let me brush his teeth.
-He's just learning the art of stalling (before going to bed).
-He's very cautious...he still can't walk up or down stairs very fast.
-Loves being in his crib (playing with his cars)...not sure when the upgrade to a big boy bed will happen.
-He's hilarious. I wish I could remember all the funny things he says.
-Still loves books and would let me read him 20 books each night if I had time.
-Currently not that into TV or watching movies.
-When he's lazy and wants me to get something for him he'll tell me that he can't because it's too 'scary'.
-He loves playing pretend. It's so fun to see his imagination grow.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

WIL. I. AM. 3 MONTHS OLD


-Such a good baby.
-Has long eyelashes like his dad.
-If wrapped/rocked correctly he falls asleep in less than a minute.
-So smiley...but you have to work for the ones he gives.
-Such a grunter and has been since day 1. I've put him to bed and he's just grunted himself to sleep.
-Such a good eater-which is why...
-He's grown out of several 3-6 month outfits. I put him in a 9 month sleeper last night...and it fit!
-Loves the swing.
-Looks identical to Beckett did at 3 months. (I'm going to show you in a future post).
-Is in the 86th percentile for height and 94th for weight.
-He's pretty much bald (way less of a mullet than B had).
-Has on dimple on his right cheek. I only see it every once in a while.
-He's really loud like his mom. When he gets squawking...
-Loves bath time.
-Blows out of 80% of his diapers.
-He loves it when I kiss on him and let my hair tickle his face. He gets all flustered and giddy.
-Spits up ALL THE TIME. Just like Brother Beckett. Oh the joys.
-Does not love the bottle.
-Just found his tongue and plays with it in his mouth...thus we go through 20+ bibs a day.

I feel so blessed to have these two little boys in my life. Before meeting Wil I had convinced myself that he would not be a good baby...because I couldn't imagine being blessed with 2! They are amazing little men and I love them so much.

5 comments:

Megan said...

What a fun post! It's great that you are making notes of all the things that make your boys who they are now! I can totally relate to your comment about having such a great second boy... I had the same fear of Kyle being a little hellion because Blake was so perfect that I didn't think Heavenly Father would give me two great kiddos back to back! I guess we should chop it up to our great Mothering skills... or maybe it just that we did something truly amazing in Heaven! Either way I think we are the lucky ones!

Carrie said...

Oh yay Linds, I love your little boys so much! I miss you already, it was so great to spend so much time with you this summer. I love you!

katherine said...

I cannot believe how big Beckett is getting! Good to hear it's possible to have two mild tempered children in a row. I always feel I'll be cursed with my second too.

Birch Family said...

what beautiful boys you have. don't they grow way too fast!

Unknown said...

I just had to tell you how much I love this post. It really made me feel like I knew your boys so much better just by reading it. Can't wait to see them again.