Thursday, October 22, 2009

Project 365

2 months ago I started a project I'm sure many of you have heard of. The concept behind Project 365 is to take one picture a day and journal about it. After having Wil and seeing how fast (1) my pregnancy went (2) how fast he was already growing and (3) how big Beckett was--he wasn't a baby anymore which was emphasized because I had a baby to compare-- I decided that I needed to do something to preserve this time of my life; to preserve these babies.

Enter 365. It has been so much fun to think about what I want to remember and document it. I have already seen the result- I just looked through it tonight, and there were a few things even just 5 weeks ago that I'd forgotten about. Life goes by way too fast.
Photobucket

Since getting 365 underway I've decided to undertake another project-doing a book for each of my boys. I want to write monthly about the things they're doing/the way they're growing. I have yet to work out the details, but I know that I'll be glad I did it when I'm old and senile.

Here a few pictures from my weeks. This first one is Beckett at his last doctors appointment. Just chillin in the waiting room.
Photobucket

And Wil blowing me bubbles the other day. He's doing all sorts of new things.
Photobucket

Last, a picture from our trip to San Diego this past weekend. Beckett and the Hansen boys spent a good portion of the game wrestling each other between the stands. They'd wrestle for a minute and then one of them would call a 'time-out' and they'd 'take a breather'. It was hilarious to watch. Good thing the stadium was empty and they had lots of room to play.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Katie said...

Love the wrestling boys and I think Wil is starting to look a lot like Nathan! Way to go with the 365... I have been meaning to start that for months now...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. I do the project 365 on ShutterCal.com and I love it to death. What's good about them is that they have a print service, and I get my daily photos printed and shipped to me every month.

Unknown said...

I think Wil looks like Nathan too. I also think that his right eye looks slightly smaller than his left eye when he smiles, and that's a classic Roberts trait (I had that too when I was a baby).

Carrie said...

Love it Linds, your book is going to be so cute!

Unknown said...

Lindsay! What an awesome mom you are! Just remember that I will be old and senile before you, so maybe you should 365 my life - so I can remember :) But seriously, Beckett and Wil are truly blessed to have such amazing parents and grandparents!

Russell Roberts said...

I AM old, senile and did not keep faithful records of my children's lives, so I testify that the 365 project is a great idea. Good job, Mama Linds.

Jared and Cami said...

So I found your blog when I googled project 365 and searched through HUNDREDS of search results...probably because of the title of your post. I was just wondering where you got your project 365 kit? I really want to do it but can't seem to find where they sell them or much info other than what it is. Sorry...this is totally weird and random but if you get a chance and could let me know that would be great! ccarter_5@hotmail.com

Tiffany said...

You are truly an inspiration, Linds. I hope you don't mind that I blog-stalk you and your family through Beth's blog...I love seeing all the amazing things you're up to! Very cute pictures and ideas!