Sunday, February 04, 2007

The First Week

The New and Improved Roberts Family




It's almost been a week since little Beckett arrived, and it has been fabulous. I've been sleeping quite well, thank you, though I can't speak for Lindsay or Grandma Hall. I did take care of the little fellow last night, and was only up for about 45 minutes besides feedings. We have to confess that, against the advice of the experts, we kept Beckett in bed with us. He slept a lot better this way, but the real reason was my own selfishness. I miss the little guy! I went back to work Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and it was miserable to leave him.
Lindsay is recovering well. She is a great mom and has handled all of the changes happily. It's been a blessing to have Grandma Hall and Rachell here, and we are grateful for their willingness to help. Grandma Hall has been the chief night-time caregiver, allowing Lindsay to recover more quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun to see you in the role of Papa! And how naturally both you and Linds are taking to parenthood. We love it. And you. And Beckett.

the fellers said...

I love it....looks like you are adjusting well. If you need to talk, ever, just call, I promise, I am usually home. Also, I just thought it was funny, we have the same soother....hehe!