Monday, April 16, 2007

O Canada...

This past week, I had the opportunity to travel home to Canada for my best friend's wedding.

It was so much fun to be there for the wedding, and for a few extra days to spend with my mom and dad. Beckett had a great time getting to know his Grandma and Grandpa Hall a little bit better. Needless to say, we took a ton of pictures, so this is my attempt at showing all of you the best ones... (and some random ones of him smiling too, just cause they're so dang cute!)

As for a brief travel log, I flew out on Thursday (the 4th) and Beckett traveled like a champ. Slept the whole time. Beth, Dillon, Brennen and Steve all traveled up from Provo for the weekend, and it was wonderful to see all of them.

I love my Beth so much.

It was fun for them to get some extra ‘Beckett-time’.

On Friday I finished Scrapbooking Carrie’s wedding album, it took me longer than I thought it would to finish it, but eventually I got into town to see Carrie.

Her bridal shower was that night. There were a ton of people there, and we had such a good time.

Saturday-we had wedding festivities all day (note Beckett’s little outfit). Care put her nieces and nephews and Beckett in the same matching outfits. Cute!

On Sunday I went to church and chilled with mom and dad. Beckett loves his Grandpa Hall.

Monday, I hung out with some friends that I haven’t seen since high school. It was so fun—weird that some of us have kids now.

Tuesday, mom and I went shopping (Wal-mart rocks!)

and Wednesday I took Beckett in and got some professional pictures taken of him. It was so much fun!

On Thursday mom and dad took me back down to Great Falls where I flew out from. Again, Beckett did great and was a little trooper during our 9 hour trip back (3 hour drive to the airport, 1 hour sitting in that airport, 1 ½ hour flight to SLC, 1 ½ hour layover there, and then 2 hours back to LA.) It went way better than I’d imagined, and now I know that traveling with Beckett *can* be a breeze. It was a wonderful trip, and I’m so glad to have had some quality time with my mom and dad—just being at my house.

Also, I’m so happy for Carrie and Nick and was thrilled that I was able to be there for her. I love my Care-bear.

However, it was great to get back here to Nathan who was missing his little bug a ton (and Lacher who was missing her Blizzard buddies). Who wouldn't miss this little angel?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, now we know where you've been. I was beginning to worry, it had been so long since your last post.

Brooke said...

Cute pictures! Glad you had fun!

allisonlaurel said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your family and Carrie. Beckett, as always, is adoreable!

Rachel said...

So fun to keep in touch! I actually found your blog awhile back (check your comments...and I even added you to my links:) Hope that not to scary for you). Beckett is so cute, only wish he could hang with Isabel.

We miss LA and all our friends and the ward. Irvine is good, bigger place, closer to family, suburbia! Ryan really loves his job...we just need friends! Keep in touch via the blog! And say hi to Ashlee for me!

Jamie said...

Ya! Such cute pictures. Kate and I want to see you. When are you coming to Utah?

Anonymous said...

We're getting very Beckett-hungry, and those pictures really whetted the appetite. Seeing his smile made us laugh out loud. So glad you had a great trip home.