Thursday, June 07, 2007

If you're going to San Francisco...

On Memorial day weekend Nathan and I decided that we needed to take advantage of his day off and so we decided to head up to San Francisco. We both had never been there before, and we've decided that we need to see the sights of California before we're not here anymore. Anyway-we took off after Nathan got finished with work and made the 7 hour journey north. Beckett did great and it was fun to be together for the ride. Finally we made it to our friends house in Berkley where we bunked for the weekend. On Saturday we got up and went into San Francisco. It is such an awesome city! I tell you, LA is lame compared to San Fran. There was just so much to do and see. We visited Ghiradelli square, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, and saw the bush man. We ate clam chowder in the sourdough bowls and had a famous Ghiradelli Sundae. It was awesome. The rest of the weekend we spent just hanging with our friends, the Gundersons. It was fun walking around Berkley, visiting Telegraph ave to buy some fun jewelry from some hippies, and just being together.

Nathan enjoying some clam chowder.
Me feeding Beckett while Nathan enjoyed the clam chowder.
Beckett didn't quite know what to think. It was a little colder than it is here in LA.
This is just a random shot of the city.
The bush man. (He hides and then scares people as they walk by...hilarious!)
At Pier 39
Posers
The Gundersons-Scott, Cindy and Landon
Why doesn't Beckett have any pants on?
Our sweet little boy (after being in the car for 5 hours on the way home).

7 comments:

Shantay* said...

Oh my heck, I love that last picture of him, he is so darling! Isn't San Fran awesome... I loved it when we went, and I have to admit, I was scared by the bush man, and I was even prepared for it. I'm so sad that our little twiners can't grow up together... i just know they would be best friends. Oh about my layout, i had cassie help me with it, and i got my stuff off of shabbyprincess.com. Its actually a lot easier than i thought it would be!

Anonymous said...

I love San Fran too!

the fellers said...

sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. You are so lucky to have a baby that travels good...I guess when we went to Canada we were in the car probably over 40 hours, maybe 7 just once in awhile wouldnt be so bad! But he just wants to get out and play now....when he was littler he didnt. Anyways, that is funny about the diapers. I love pampers the most, but they are the most expensive. We went through a stage with Scoty (probably around the same age as Beckett is now) where he blew out of EVERYTHING, ATLEAST once a day. Someone told me to go to bigger diapers, I never did, but you might try it. It was so sick of cleaning poop (icky poop) out of clothes. But it gets better. Once he starts solids, it is stinkier poop, but it isnt AS messy, sometimes it is, but most of the time it isnt! So maybe then you can save some money on diapers!

Purple's Mom said...

I have been to San Francisco a few times over the past 12 years...and have NEVER heard of or seen the BUSH MAN! Boy am I missing out!!! haha! We are taking Purp there the first week in July, so I will have to be on the lookout! Darling pictures of Beckett! What a little trouper!

Rachel said...

We lived in SF before LA and loved it!! We totally missed that life when we got to the craziness of LA. I am glad Beckett was so good in the car. That makes all the difference!

Anonymous said...

What a good looking kid! I'm glad you had fun in San Fran!

Brooke said...

I've never been there, looks like fun though. Do the Gunderson's live there? Beckett is adorable.