Monday, June 25, 2007

Our Missionaries

It's been an exciting week for my little brother as he entered the MTC last Wednesday. He is headed on a mission to Nairobi, Kenya. He is in the Provo Missionary Training Center for 3 weeks (because he's headed on an English speaking mission-if he was speaking another language he's be there for 3 months) and he flies out to Kenya on July 10th. It is impossible for me to comprehend that it is my little brother, Dillon, who is already out on a mission. I feel so old. But I am so proud of him and his desire to sacrifice two years of his life to go out and serve. He is a great example to me. Here are some pictures of the last time we saw him before he left.
Another great example is one of my brother-in-laws, Forrest, who is currently serving in the Florianopolis, Brazil mission. He returns in just a few weeks, and I can't believe how eager I am for him to come home. He is the last brother to meet Beckett, and I am so excited for them to get acquainted. The year after Nathan and I got married we were in Provo where Forrest was experiencing his freshmen year of college. We saw a lot of each other that year, and I look back fondly on the memories we made. I love Fori. I've included some random pictures of him to get everyone else excited to see him as well. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I admit it--your post made me excited to see Forr in a couple weeks. I hadn't been excited at all until then.

Dillon will be a great missionary--good people skills, good looks, good testimony. All the right stuff.

the fellers said...

hey,.,,,I cant believe Dill is on a mission....SO CRAZY! I am so excited for him...I wish Brady would follow in his footsteps....oh I love Dill.....he is so cute!

allisonlaurel said...

FUN!!! Dillon is going to have such a blast! I am so excited for him. Keep us posted on how he is!

Brooke said...

I remember my brothers leaving on their missions, it was traumatic (of course I was only in 6th grade or so!) But that's fun that at least one of them is coming home!

Jess and Matt said...

Hey! That is so cool about your bros! The backpack is SO GREAT...kinda expensive but honestly worth every penny. We like to be really active and outside a lot. I have a nice jogger stroller, but for hiking, Kaden LOVES this. It is the "Kelty Pathfinder", got it at REI. I think honestly it is the best, and most comfortable one. I had a friend try three before she got the one I have and says it is def. the best. I totally think EVERYONE should have one :) HAH! I am glad that you like my posts by the way, I love yours too, and Beckett is SO DANG CUTE.

Shantay* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shantay* said...

Lindsay, how have you been doing lately? I miss you, and miss talking to you! I keep trying to talk arch into coming to visit for the fourth of July--but something about 60 bucks to fill the jeep keeps coming up... what are your plans?

Oh and I just read on rachells blog that if you exercise you don't have enough food for beckett, that totally happens to me too, in fact it seems like its been happening even if I just go on a little walk! I hate it!