Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A humongous post about some humongous trees

Nathan once heard that RVers are nice people. Since we think we're nice people, we figured it might be a good fit. We found some friends that are also very nice people and went on an RV road trip. Nathan and his mad driving skills took us to Seqouia National Park (about 5-6 hours north of LA). Seqouia is home to the largest tree (by mass) on earth, and you can also see the tallest tree. We camped there for the weekend, did some hiking, saw a bear, froze our butts off, lost some sleep, ate some smores, and found out that yes, RVers are, in fact, very nice people.
Enjoy the massive amount of pictures.
Easton is pretty excited about leaving in the big RV.
Leaving on our first hike.
The cute Aird family .Beckett was giving his daddy big squeezes.The big trees.

We went on a very treacherous hike up Morro Rock. Nathan was very brave! I'm so proud of you sweetie :)
In front of the biggest tree on earth...General Sherman.

12 comments:

the fellers said...

oh my heck, those trees are freaking huge!!! I love that you guys went on such a fun trip! Looks like lots of fun!!

Our Family said...

I can't believe you guys rented an RV. That's too funny.

On one of the hikes in that forrest is where my water broken with Halle. As you can imagine it was exciting.

Birch Family said...

You guys are too funny! I love the pics. Beckett is getting so big and freakin cute. Can't wait to see you this summer.

Katie said...

I have been waiting for this post. I love the pic with the three of you by the waterfall...Beckett's face is hilarious! RV-ers are so darn nice!

Benji and Rypie said...

Oh I love you guys. Beckett is the cutest little boy... EVER. I am tempted to go wake up Ben to take a look at your blog. I am just plum excited to see all of you.

ashlee said...

You guys are so cute! Beckett is such a cheeser, I love it. Nobody could make camping look more fun than you guys.

Paula said...

Beckett's face is pretty darn cute in these pictures. I am happy to hear that you had a great time. I have been to that park before and those are some pretty big trees.

2x2momma said...

Wow! What an adventure! Beckett and his dad together are sooo cute!! The kids look like they are lovin the whole tree experience.

Brooke said...

Wow, that seems like a cool place. I do have to say though, although RVers are nice, I still have no desire to become one:) Glad you guys are doing good!

p.s. did you hear, we are having another boy?

kendal said...

What a fun adventure. Beckett is so cute!!!

Nanette said...

WoW! Now I want to see those huge trees for myself!
I'm glad you had so much fun!

Jamie said...

Hey, these trees are 30 minutes from my house! You guys look so great. Beckett is starting to look so grown up! Crazy.