Wednesday, August 29, 2007

All sorts of new-s

Okay, okay…I know I’ve continued to be a slacker. I feel like this thing has become my journal where I start every entry with “Wow, it’s been so long since I’ve written”. And then I follow that with “I promise to be better at writing…”

Life is so great right now! There are all sorts of new-s in our lives right now. That’s not news like in a newspaper, but ‘new’-s like new things going on. Beckett’s got a whole list of new-s and then we’ll get to the other things.
Beckett’s first, and most exciting new thing is his new tooth. I haven’t been able to get a picture of it, but it’s razor sharp and pretty dang cute. We were at a party on Saturday and I was talking to a friend. She was like “oh, Beckett’s getting a tooth” and I thought she was referring to the two puffy mounds on his upper gums (the two that will soon be coming in), so I commented on those two. Then she’s like, ‘well, what about that bottom one?’ I freaked out. I didn’t know about any bottom one. Anyway-I got pretty excited. Nathan thought I was going to cry, cause I got all red in the face, but anyone who knows me knows that’s just what happens when I get excited. So, no…I wasn’t going to cry, I was just very excited. (When this is the only thing you do, day-in day-out, it’s a big deal.) Anyway-he’s done very well with teething so far (as you can tell by the fact that we didn’t even know it was happening till it had).
The second new for Beckett is that he’s rolling around. As illustrated by the pictures below. He’s become very good at it. He goes from sitting, to face-planting forward where he sits for a minute, and finally flips over. He then gets frustrated being on his back, and so I help him up into the sitting position, where he starts through the entire process again. He’s a funny guy.

The next new is that he’s eating solids regularly now. And we’ve got the stink to prove it. He’s having big-boy #2’s now, and it’s really fun…especially yesterday when I left him with his diaper off (as I do every morning-to try and help him air out a little) and I came back to find a little surprise just for me!
So, those are some of Beckett’s new-s.
The other biggest news going on right now, are the mounds of babies being born all over the place.
Congratulations to Tyler and Juliana who had Baby Adalynn Elizabeth, and to Tyler and Allison who had Baby Adalyn Claudia. Also, our neighbors, Michael and Ashlee had Baby Emery last Friday and per Rachell’s request I have included pictures below. She had a c-section, but both baby and mommy are doing super. Emery is so tiny, it’s incredible. She’s awesome. I can’t wait to meet the other babies! Congrats to all of you.

In other news, we got a new bed, and it is fantastic. We are loving the ginormity of it. We got a California king, and since we still need the storage space, we kept it up on cinder blocks. Well, it’s a little humongous. But super comfy, and Beckett loves to sit on it while I sing, ‘you’re the king of the castle, and I’m the dirty rascal.” I'm currently in the process of re-doing our bedroom, so I'll post pictures of it when it's done.
He continues to be a constant source of love and joy. He’s such a happy baby…always full of smiles and giggles. I constantly find myself laughing at him. What a little man. I love him. Here are some pictures of what I’m talking about. I ordered these bows from a friend who just started a business making them (you should all check it out, bowdazzledboutique.com) and wanted to see how they looked on a baby. I’m really not a mean mom, but Beckett’s the only baby I’ve got at the minute, so I tried them on him. Poor little man was mad at me for making him look like a girl. Sorry buddy.

Nathan is also doing well and is super stoked for the game this Saturday. It’s all he talks about at the moment. We’ll be attending in spirit as we watch it on a friends 42” plasma. Good times.
Anyway- as I started this off as I do with my journals...I’ll finish it in the same way.
“I’ll write again soon…”
-Lindsay

12 comments:

Mr. Roberts said...

I hereby declare that he is going to be forever scarred by those pictures. How do I know? Because Uncle Logan is never going to let him live them down.
Thanks for the ammo, Linds!

Rachel said...

Emery is so cute! Thanks for the pics and the great update! Isn't it crazy how time flies?

Ryan just ordered the extra sports package on our TV, so we will be the host of the BYU games this year. He is so excited!

Paula said...

love the pictures of Beckett with the bows, they totally made me laugh. The progression of his face is priceless. I just can't believe how big he is getting.

Unknown said...

Wow, is it bad to say that baby boy is gorgeous? Rinds, he looks just like you! And thanks for the pictures of Ashlee. She and Emery look so great. Loves!

the fellers said...

ok, those bows are so freaking hilarious, I once came home to Scoty who was being babysat by our neighbors, and she had just finished making a blessing gown in her childrens sewing class, yep, he was wearing it, and her hubby was freaking, it was so funny! We had our bed up on cinder blocks while in Rexburg, SO NICE for storage, we still have it up on those real bed lifter things, yes they make them, but they arent as high as cinderblocks, but you can still store some stuff under there. And YAY FOR A KING SIZE!!! I LOVE IT!!! Welcome to the world of King size beds, you will NEVER go back, and will complain when you have to sleep in a Queen, pathetic, I know! I love Beckett, when do I get to see you again? I love the #2 poop....HAHAHA.....S-T-I-N-K-Y!!!!!

Marc said...

Go Cougs.

Benji and Rypie said...

Lover Linds, How I do miss thee terribly! So Ben was laughing really hard and really loudly looking at the pics of Beckett in the bows. Love it. Hey I started another quilt... I'll have to take a pic of the fabric for you! Catch ya later you crazy panther!

Anonymous said...

Now Beckett just needs a sister to teach him how to play Barbies--as Rachell did for Russell. What a cutie.

allisonlaurel said...

I didn't know Tyler and Jules were stealing our baby's name! And adding an 'n' to boot! Tell them I said congrats on the baby!

Judds said...

There are so many things that I have to comment about. First of all congrats to Beckett for his mad rolling skills, eating solid foods and the new teeth. That is so exciting. I am so jealous of the new bed. We are in a queen bed and it seems to get smaller as the girls are getting bigger. I can only imagine how excited you guys are for the big game on Saturday. I know that guys have a bit of interest in BYU football. Lastly I have to thank you for sending the backdrop info. as you can see I am still trying to figure it out. I am going to try one more time then I might have to give you a call. The instructions seemed fairly simple but I think I went wrong somewhere. Anyways thanks again.

the fellers said...

hey linds...where did you find those bows by the way? I forgot to ask last time....is there a website or something?

Brooke said...

I love your "journal"-like blog, you are so good at documenting things with your pictures. Don't you love this stage? It just gets better (except for the diapers:) It seems like "when it rains, it pours" with people having babies.