Thursday, August 02, 2007

You thought your post was long...

We have had such a wonderful past few weeks. On July 11, I flew to Canada to visit my family for 9 days. It was so much fun to hang with my mom and dad, and my sister, Beth and her new fiance, Brenan.
What a cutie!
Dad put this bib on Beckett's head and could not stop laughing, it was pretty funny...
Beckett's new trick...sitting up on his own.
Me and my boy
We had so much fun together, shopping, planning the wedding, making baby quilts, seeing old friends and just being together. Beckett loved having a yard to play in and the weather was beautiful. I love summers up there.
Beth and Brenan (we took a gazillion engagement pictures...I'll post more of them after I find out the one they're going to use...)
That next Friday, Beckett and I headed south where we met up with Ben and Ryanne and drove the rest of the way to Billings, MT to meet up with the freshly returned Elder Roberts. It was SO great to see him!
Dear, sweet Uncle Forrest
Nathan flew in later than night, and we got to spend a few days in Frannie with the crew. It was a blast.
Grandpa Roberts and Beckett just chillin
Hot biker men...in their 'stretchy pants'.
We headed out to Nathan's maternal family reunion, and Beckett handled the 11 hour drive relatively well. He only had a few moments.
Nathan and Beckett on the road
The family reunion was in Grand Forks, ND and when we arrived it was HOT and HUMID. Like, really bad. However, my prayers were answered and it cooled off while we were there. It was so much fun. Beckett slept great, (in a room with 6 women) and he was happy pretty much the whole time. It was fun to see and get re-acquainted with Miriam's family.
All the boys...and Rachell
The sinks were too small in the cabins, so we bathed Beckett in the kitchen sink. He loved it!
Paula...practicing!
Ben and Ryanne are thrilled that they are about to drive 30+ hours...
I know it's not the clearest picture, but I love Forrest!
Our Cabin
The whole Roberts clan...together at last

10 comments:

krysett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
krysett said...

awe....im so glad your back...i missed you! beckett is getting so big! those pics of him are so cute. when is beth getting married?

the fellers said...

looks like you had so much fun! I LOVE that first pic of Beckett WAY Cute, he is starting to look SO much older...I love it. I love the way they grow, and look more and more like their personality, you know? so cool!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Glad that the weather in ND cooperated. And by the way, Everett watched me read your post and the entire time he kept saying, "Bay-be, bay-be!"

allisonlaurel said...

Great pictures! I Love the quilt, by the way, Tyler and I were so excited to get it! I didn't know Beth was engaged!!!!! YEA!!!! I am so happy for her. Tell her I said I love her! Glad you are home safe!

Cindy said...

We're so glad you had a good time! Beckett is looking more and more like Nathan!

Judds said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful trip. Beckett is growing and getting cuter and cuter. We are looking forward to seeing you guys in California next week!

Jamie said...

Ah, I didn't know Beth was engaged! Yay for her! She's so cute. And your little baby is so cute too, I love to see these new pictures.

Shantay* said...

Oh my gosh, I am loving Becketts little face! he is so darn cute...I really think he is an exact mixture of the two of you. So that is so fun that Beckett is sitting on his own! How long has he been doing that? We've been working with Zaylie, she's getting there, but everytime we try to have her sit, she would rather stand! It looks like you guys had a blast--oh and im sooooooo excited for Beth! I can't believe you never told me--big trouble, big trouble!

Josephine said...

I missed your blog. I am glad you had such a great time. You and your family are so cute!!!