Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Baby Beckett


Nathan Beckett Roberts was born at 9:24 PM, January 29, 2007 at Cedar Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills. And it was awesome! He was born 9 lbs, 8 oz and 22 in long. We arrived at the hospital for the scheduled induction at 4:00am on the 29th. Lindsay already had contractions, but didn't realize it, and was dialated to 3 cm when we arrived. We were happy that the process had already started naturally. They gave her contraction-inducing drugs around 5am, and we moved into our labor room. It was a big private room, with a plasma screen and windows along one wall overlooking the Hollywood Hills. It took until around 2pm for the contractions to get bad enough to warrant an epidural, and after that, Lindsay was very comfortable. I love technology!

The epidural was turned off about 8:15 pm and Lindsay started pushing at about 8:45pm. Notwithstanding my disdain for seeing the insides of bodies on the outside, I watched the whole thing, from seeing a quarter-sized white spot that I was told was his head to watching the whole, naked, squirmy body come popping out. They almost fumbled the little guy.

We were blessed with a incident free delivery. Still, Lindsay was pretty exhausted, though she is recovering well. Now we're parents! Just like that. We love the little guy and are thankful the Lord has entrusted us with such a special spirit. Thank you for your prayers, phone calls/text messages and support.

5 comments:

katherine said...

Yay, I'm the first to post a comment about this EXCITING news. We've (the marketing office) been so anxious as to when you would finally deliver and so happy things went so well. Keep the pictures coming and gets lots of rest! Congrats!!!!

Brooke said...

Congrats!!!! We've been checking your blog everyday--we are so happy to see pictures of little Beckett! He is ADORABLE! We are so very excited for all you have ahead of you! We are also so happy you had a good delivery and that you are both doing well! Keep on posting those pictures...he is such a cutie!

love the Bigelow's

the fellers said...

I just dont even know what to say. I have been checking this thing like ever couple of hours since yesterday morning, so anxious to see him!! I just love him so much already! Isnt it just the most amazing experience EVER!?!? (I seriously just got goosebumps!!). Wasnt the spirit just thick in the room? WOW!!! I love it. He is just the cutest, most littlest big boy EVER (Well, besides Scoty...but I AM a bit biased!!!) Yesterday I told Shon I just wanted to go to LA right then! He said no, but if I could I totally would!! I can not wait to meet him! I am SO glad that you had such a great delivery!! Seriously....sounded SO similar to mine!!! YAY for easyish deliveries....ok, so now that I have written a book, I will leave!! Love you guys....especially BECKETT!!!!

stupidramblings said...

Good job you two (2) (three (3))!

Congrats all.

Jamie said...

Yeah!!! Ah, I'm so excited for you! And he's so cute! I wish you'd come to UTah sometime to visit and bring him by.