Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Top 10

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Being Pregnant

  1. I get to feel him move
  2. I always have someone to hang out with—and he listens to whatever I have to say
  3. I don’t feel fat even though I have such a big belly
  4. There is always an excuse to take a nap
  5. I feel beautiful-even if I haven’t put on makeup in a week
  6. I always have an excuse not to participate (if I don’t feel like it)
  7. Everyone is so much nicer to me-it’s never as awkward in the elevator
  8. I can eat whatever I want (however this was only the case for half of my pregnancy)
  9. No one can get mad at me or bug me about being spacey (pregnancy brain)
  10. I love getting to know the little guy I’ve been hanging out with for the last 9 months

Even though I'm now to the point where I want to meet him and get the labor part of the equation over with, I really am going to miss being pregnant. I've had quite the amazing pregnancy...rarely feeling sick, not gaining an excessive amount of weight, and maintaining such a great lifestyle are all things that have made this pregnancy such a delight. I am totally excited for the next stage, but I know that I will miss these feelings (and his little movements) greatly. It has truly been a wonderful experience.

2 comments:

the fellers said...

Linds, I have said this before, but you have every right to feel this lucky! Things have gone so good for you, and I have to admit, I am jealous. I hope that I atleast have ONE good experience being pregnant, that is all I ask! But you are right, there are for sure things that you could never ever explain to anyone how they feel, like their little kicks and movements, especially the first time you feel it, the little butterflies or whatever it feels like, it is amazing. I dont think I learned to appreciate it until it was over. But I sure do wish that I wasnt sick/uncomfortable/in pain...whatever! You are so blessed! And, having him in your arms is another totally different feeling, that you can not explain either! Everyday is another first! Good luck, and we love you guys!! (sorry I rambled...I am just so passionate about this!!!!...it just gives me the best feeling inside...like I want to cry happy tears!!)

Brooke said...

I can agree with you on your top ten...especially #1. Remember it because you WILL totally miss it, even after the baby's here and you can hold him. It's weird. Good luck...let us know as soon as it happens!

love Brooke